I’m a lifelong learner living in Hawaii. My intent is to offer you value through inspiring you to ask more questions, be more curious, and make meaning of life through stories.
I share findings from my adventures as a student of life through curating content that I learn through writing, reading, listening, and watching while on my journey to becoming a lifelong learner. The reason I am sharing is to challenge myself to think in different ways, facilitate learning, and inspire ideas for you. I promise to consistently strive to be better than I was before.
Each week, in my Letters from a learn-it-all, I include what I have learned through writing a reflection, a quote to think about, and a question to ponder.
Subscribe to get full access to the newsletter and website. Never miss an update and enjoy!
Ten Facts About Me
- Introspective 26-year-old Midwesterner living the dream in Hawaii
- 2021 was a monumental year. Here’s my annual review
- Journaling has transformed my life. Watch more about my practice
- Seeks out adventure like sailing across Lake Huron
- Believes in consistency and shipped writing for 100 consecutive days
- Dyslexic differently-abled learner exploring different ways to learn
- Ran 100 miles in a month, competed in a half marathon at the end of the world and a triathlon.
- Mentored for an online writing school that transformed me into the creative writer I am today
- Favorite quirk: writing letters to my future self
- Intentionally adds experiences to my life resume
- To become an expert writer and lifelong learner
- To challenge myself to think in different ways and expand my world view
- To educate and inspire others from what I write on my blog, daily Ship Its, and weekly letter from a learn-it-all.
If you enjoy what you read, I welcome you to support my tea-drinking routine while I read and write:
A bit more about me
I grew up swimming and sailing in Michigan and then traveling because of them. This has instilled my work ethic and helped me define leadership. I love the excitement associated withsailingand never knowing what to expect. I love the water-- whether it be walking alongside, swimming in it, or in a boat on top of it.
I graduated from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio in May of 2018. I received a Bachelor of Science degree in finance with a minor in management and leadership along with a concentration in Dutch culture. I was steered towards this challenging degree logically because numbers made the most sense to me and its job security.
After graduating from college, I started my own learning journey. I became curious about everything that I never learned in school. I realized that I needed to stop making assumptions and ask more questions. I discovered what it means to think in a growth mindset. I began to seek out developing myself over time by doing things that would stretch me.